It’s day 3 of 12 Days of Cookies presented by Bridgeman’s Ice Cream and Tina Rexing of T-Rex Cookies prepares her first selection. Tina says Bridgeman’s Cherry Nut Ice Cream is the perfect flavor to pair with it.
Not Your Grandma’s Fruitcake Cookies
1.5 Cups Mixed Dried Fruit Soaked in Brandy overnight & drained
1 Cup chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp Orange Zest
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Cups White Sugar
1 1/2 Sticks MELTED Butter
*Beat until fluffy*
4 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 4oz package of INSTANT Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp Baking Soda
- Add dry ingredients to butter & egg mixture
- Add drained dried fruit & walnuts
- Scoop into 2 oz balls and flatten slightly.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to cooling racks.