Eli Wollenzein, owner of Coalition Restaurant, helped us Pork The Halls with a tasty pulled pork recipe.
For more recipes, click here.
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1/4 cup Rice Oil
2 tbsp Ginger
2 tbsp Garlic
2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
2 tbsp Cumin
2-3 Pounds Pork Shoulder
- Toast all spices. Allow spices to cool to room temperature.
- Place spices in spice grinder and pulse until spices are roughly ground.
- Slice pork shoulder in order to roll out flat about ½” to 1″ thick.
- Score both sides of flattened pork.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and mix together.
- Rub both sides of pork with mixture.
- Roll pork back into natural form.
- Wrap pork tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Remove from plastic wrap.
- Place on rack inside hotel pan.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 4 hours, or until fork tender.