The number one breakfast food eaten at home is cereal. Kelli chats with a registered dietitian and gets some ideas for getting essential whole grains into our diets using cereal.
Visit the Whole Grain Initiative Instagram here.
Visit the General Mills website here.
Honey Nut Cheerios Mug Cake
Makes 2 servings
- 2 (1-cup) servings Honey Nut Cheerios, crushed or pulsed in a food processor
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Garnish: Honey Nut Cheerios
- Coat 2 microwave-safe coffee mugs (or ramekins) with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine ground Honey Nut Cheerios, self-rising flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add milk, olive oil and egg, stirring until well blended. Divide batter between mugs; top with additional Honey Nut Cheerios, if desired.
- Microwave each mug cake on HIGH for 1 minutes and 20 seconds or until tops are no longer shiny. (Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of microwave oven) Remove from microwave and cool slightly.