Tim McCarty has been the Executive Chef at the Mayo Clinic Foundation House in Rochester, Minnesota for 20 years. In 2016, Chef McCarty won a Golden Ticket to the World Food Championship in the sandwich category, finishing 5th in the world. Tim McCarty shared his recipe for Mojo Pork la Chuleta Can Can, which is a deep fried pork chop in honor of TCL’s Hog Wild Week with the Minnesota Pork Board!
Mojo Pork La Chuleta Can Can
2 3/4 lb Center loin rack cut length wise 1 ½” thick
6 each Garlic cloves
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 TBSP Cumin
1 tsp. Oregano
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Lime Juice
2 TBSP Orange Juice
1 TBSP Vinegar
1 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Add all of the ingredients together in a food savers bag.
- Cut the pork length wise and add the pork to bag.
- Place in a 140 degree water bath cook for 3 hours.
- Place into an ice water bath for 5 minutes so the cooking process stops.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then place the pork on the grill long enough until the pork chop is marked on both sides.
- Place in a deep fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 min or until the skin and fat are puffy on the pork chop.