Chef Kyle shares a recipe that you can find at The Exchange Food & Drink in New Brighton for their special Valentine’s Day menu.
For more video recipes, check out the Minnesota Beef Council’s Facebook page.
6 oz Revier Cattle Company Filet Mignon
6 Spears Fresh Asparagus tossed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil topped with Salt & Pepper
2 oz. Jump Lump Crab Meat
2 oz Bearnaise Sauce
3 each Small Red Potatoes, Quartered tossed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Roasted in the Oven
Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
YIELD: Makes about 1 cup
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2″ cubes
• 3 tablespoons minced shallots
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
• 2 large egg yolks
• 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and a pinch of salt and pepper; stir to coat. Stir in vinegar, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until vinegar is evaporated, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking shallots, stirring frequently, until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer shallot reduction to a small bowl and let cool completely.