Culinary and Branding Director at Kowalski’s, Rachael Perron shares how to make Polynesian Pork with Fried Rice, which is part of their new meal kit program. It aims to make home-cooked meals easier and tastier.
Meal kits each serve two adults at prices ranging from $16.99 to $26.99. A seasonal menu will rotate every 2 months, with 2-6 different meal options offered every day.
Click here for more info on Dinner Pre-Paired Kits.
Polynesian Pork with Fried Rice
In this kit (measurements approx.):
2 green onions
? cup hoisin sauce
3 tbsp. tamari
2 pkgs. (about 2 tsp.) honey
½ tsp. orange zest purée
6.5 oz. vegetable mixture (julienne-cut snap peas, carrot and red onion)
1.5 oz. chopped pineapple
8.8 oz. precooked basmati rice
1 tbsp. minced garlic
10 oz. Kowalski’s Signature Smokehouse Pulled Pork
You will need:
1 tsp. Kowalski’s Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. Kowalski’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
¼ tsp. freshly ground Kowalski’s Black Peppercorns
- Wash green onions; thinly slice and set aside.
- In a small dish, beat egg with a fork; set aside.
- In a small dish, whisk together hoisin sauce, tamari, honey, vinegar and zest purée; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers but does not smoke.
- Add vegetable mixture and pineapple; sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender (2-3 min.).
- Add rice and garlic to skillet with veggies; cook and stir until rice starts to get crispy on the edges (2-3 min.).
- Move rice mixture to one side of the pan. Add egg to the other side; cook and stir until egg is just cooked through. Stir egg into rice mixture. Stir in black pepper and most of the green onion, reserving some for garnish.
- While finishing the fried rice on the stovetop, combine pork and sauce in a saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave-safe dish; heat pork until hot(about 3 min.), stirring every minute; let stand for 1 min. after heating.
- Serve pork mixture over hot rice, garnished with remaining green onion.