Recipe expert and chef, Mary Jane Miller shares a simple way to turned your salmon from boring to brilliant.
Cedar Roasted Salmon with Blueberry Compote
4 (6 oz.) salmon filets
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
4 tsp. white miso
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. olive oil
Savory Blueberry Compote*
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Soak cedar plank 15 minutes. Meanwhile make blueberry compote.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, miso, and paprika.
- Rub the salmon skin with a little olive oil. Arrange salmon skin side down on cedar. Divide butter mixture evenly between all filets and spread to cover top. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon just flakes.
- Lift to serving plate with spatula and top each filet with 1/4 cup of compote.
Makes 4 servings
*Savory Blueberry Compote
2 Tbsp. butter
2 chopped shallots (about 1/2 cup)
1 garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped
1 pint blueberries, divided
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. fresh thyme chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. honey
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add HALF of the blueberries (about 1 cup), water and balsamic to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until berries have burst.
- Remove from heat and add remaining berries, thyme, salt and honey. Stir to combine. Serve warm.
Makes 1 cup
Click here to like Mary Jane Miller’s Facebook Like Page