More people are eating at home these days and that means more meal planning, prepping, and inevitably, more clean up! Becky Church of the Minnesota Beef Council shares some tasty one sheet pan dinner ideas.
Recipe: Real Food RDs
A simple meat and potatoes dish gets a convenient and flavorful upgrade thanks to garlic and parmesan in this weeknight-perfect Sheet Pan Parmesan Steak and Potatoes meal. It’s simple enough for a quick weeknight meal, yet impressive enough for a special occasion.
- Making a rub, not a marinade. The parmesan and garlic almost forms a crust which crisps up nicely when you broil.
- Using creamer potatoes makes it easy – just slice each in half and their soft, silky texture helps them to cook faster; with the olive oil, they crisp up nicely (that’s why we turn them over when placing on the sheet pan)
- Using flank steak – it’s a lean, versatile cut great for slicing thin to use in stir-frys, sandwiches, fajitas, etc. (could use skirt or hanger steak here too)
- Rather than grilling, we are broiling it on the pan for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Don’t need to fire up the grill. Just using one pan and the oven.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with extra parmesan and fresh parsley
Recipe: Real Food RDs
- It tastes like a Sunday dinner, only much simpler and with far fewer dishes to wash. Shaping the barbecue sauce-infused ground beef into mini meatloaves shortens the cooking time so you’ll be able to get dinner on the table faster.
- Use ground beef – A 3 oz. cooked portion of lean beef (about the size of a deck of cards) provides 10 essential nutrients + nearly 30 grams of protein to help support the maintenance of lean body mass
- Cube sweet potatoes (may substitute white potatoes or butternut squash *look for precut squash in the produce to save time)
- Don’t like brussel sprouts? Sub for whatever veggies you like – green beans, broccoli and cauliflower, bell peppers etc.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on one side of the baking sheet and veggies on the other side
- Use parchment paper to make clean up easier
- Drizzle the oil over the vegetables then gently toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper before spreading them out so that they’re in a single layer.
- Bake vegetables in oven and roast for 15 minutes (veggies take longer to cook than the meatloaves, so this gives them a head start)
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the mini meatloaves. Place the meatloaves on the pan and brush a little BBQ sauce over each one. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until thermometer reads 165℉.
Recipe: The Pioneer Woman
- Using a beef sausage adds a lot of natural flavor to the sandwich
- Cook the bell peppers and sliced sausage on a sheet pan for 30-35 minutes on a sheet pan at 425 degrees.
- Different colored bell peppers make it pretty
- Could make a homemade Greek yogurt sauce to drizzle with (creates a gyro taste almost!)
- OR, top with provolone cheese to melt and make into Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt, 1/4 cup diced cucumber, 1 large glove garlic minced, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper