The folks behind the Blue Barn at the Minnesota State Fair are bringing some of their fair favorites back this week. Steph Shimp from the Blue Plate Restaurant Company shares how you can enjoy them.
After their success with their pop-up over the 4th of July weekend, they are having their second and final pop-up. This pop-up runs August 31-September 7. Guests can dine-in or order food online for pick-up at any Blue Plate Restaurants (reservation required) – The Freehouse, The Lowry, Longfellow Grill, Highland Grill, Groveland Tap, Edina Grill, and 3 Squares Restaurant.
Food Items at pop-up:
- Meatloaf on a Stick
- Nashville Hot Chicken On a Stick
- Chicken in a Waffle Cone
- Pop Rocks French Toast (*not available at groveland tap)
- Blue Cheese Corn Fritz
- Blueberry Basil Lemonade
Also, we will have a NEW beer collaboration beer with Pryes Brewing Company.
- Pryes Winning Cobbler; A Blueberry Pastry Ale. This is a collaboration with Pryes Brewing Company that we were going to debut at the 2020 state fair but have pivoted to offering it in our restaurants, the Pryes Tap Room and in cans at select liquor store locations throughout the Twin Cities Area.
- 5.2% ABV, 21 IBU – flavors of real blueberries, lactose and vanilla
- Will be on tap during the pop-up at all restaurants.
We will also be bringing back Freehouse Beer Limelight, which debuted in 2018. Slight agave sweetness partnered with a citrusy punch of lime and a hint of sea salt. A balanced, crushable beer at 5.2% ABV and 15 IBU.