Chef and Owner of Coalition, Eli Wollenzien stopped by TCL’s kitchen to share his tips on making Tuna Poke.
6 oz Raw Tuna (diced, held very cold)
1-2 teaspoons Ginger Soy Sauce (recipe below)
1 each Avocado (sliced)
2 tsp Sriracha Aioli (recipe below)
Wonton Strips, As desired
4 slices Fresno Pepper
1 Tbsp Chives (minced)
1/2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/2 oz Arugula Leaves
1. Toss tuna with ginger soy sauce.
2. Slice avocado and fan on plate.
3. Mound tuna on top of avocado.
4. Squirt aioli over top of tartare.
5. Garnish with fresno, chives, sesame, wonton strips, and arugula.
1 Cup Mayo
1/2 tsp Lime Juice
1/2 cup Sriracha
Pinch of Salt
Mix ingredients together
Ginger Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
½ Cup Shallots (minced)
2 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup Orange Juice
¾ Cup Maple Syrup
¾ Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
1. In sauce pan over medium heat add toasted sesame oil and sauté the garlic, shallots, and ginger until soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients reduce heat to a gentle simmer and reduce over low heat for about 30 minutes to a light syrup consistency.