Looking for a light, low carb meal that’s easy to make for the whole family in the summer? Chef Daniel Green stopped by the TCL kitchen to show us how.
4 (8 oz) portions of shrimp, tail removed
2 ripe avocados, pitted and skin removed
2 cups vegetable broth, warmed
1 cup shelled edamame beans salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat
2.Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add the shrimp to the pan (no oil).
3. Cook for 2 minutes then reduce the heat to medium.
4. Turn the shrimp and cook until browned. turn again and cook for 2 minutes more or until desired doneness. 5. While shrimp is cooking, puree the avocados with the vegetable broth using a stick blender or regular blender.
6. Divide the avocado puree among 4 plates. top each with 8 oz shrimp.
7. Sprinkle ¼ of the edamame beans onto each plate.
To learn more about Chef Daniel Green, visit his website! Click here.