Owner of Angel Food Bakery, Katy Gerdes stopped by with a recipe for Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
Visit Katy at her bakery! Click here for more information.
Katy’s Brownie Recipe
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
1/2 C Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Water, Boiling
1/4 C Butter, Melted
1/2 C Veggie Oil
1/4 C Sour Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
2 C Sugar
2 C Flour
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
Oven @ 325
1) Put cocoa powder & bittersweet chocolate in mixer bowl. Add water and mix together until smooth and chocolate is melted.
2) Add melted butter, veggie oil, eggs, sour cream & vanilla.
3) Add the sugar.
4) Slowly add flour & salt.
5) Spray 9×9 square pan with pan spray and line with parchment paper. Lightly spray again.
6) Pour batter into pan, spread evenly and bake aprox 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out with moist crumbs stuck to it (if toothpick comes out clean, then they are over-baked).
7) Cool & then remove from pan. At this point, if you tightly wrap them, brownies will keep at room temp for up to a week, in fridge for up to a month or in freezer for a few months.
Mint Chip Filling
3 C Powdered Sugar
5 Tbsp Butter, melted
3.5 Tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Creme De Menthe
1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
1) Cream sugar, butter, milk & creme de menthe together until light & fluffy.
2) Gently fold in chocolate shavings.
3) Spread over cooled brownies and chill before cutting.
Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 C Butter
1 C Powdered Sugar
4 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
1) Mix all ingredients together