It’s important to get your greens in, the Creator of Veggie Buds Club, Monica Irwin stopped by with ideas to help you eat more veggies as soon as you start your day.
This February Veggie Buds Club has been hosting a “Veggie Buds Breakfast Club” challenge! Every morning Monica and her Instagram followers have been including at least 1 veggie with their breakfast. You can join them and see what Monica and her followers have been making by following @veggiebudsclub on Instagram!
Green Eggs & Ham Egg Muffins
• 6 slices of deli ham
• 6 eggs
• 2 packed cups baby spinach
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
3. Chop the deli ham into small pieces and divide the chopped ham between the muffin cups.
4. Blend the eggs, spinach, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and green.
5. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup over the ham.
6. Sprinkle each muffin cup with some cheese.
7. Bake until puffed and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Cheesy Cauliflower Egg Muffins
• 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess water
• 1 medium carrot, grated and squeezed of excess water
• 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 cup corn kernels
• 2 eggs, whisked
• 1/2 cup flour, any type
• Oil for frying
1. Add all of the prepared veggies to a large bowl and stir until combined. Add the eggs and combine. Add the flour and combine.
2. In a large frying pan, heat some oil over medium-low heat. Use a 1/4-cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture and drop into pan, place a few fritters into the pan at a time being sure not to overcrowd. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.