Executive coach Roshini Rajkumar stops by to talk about what the outfits on shows like “The Handmaid’s Tale”, “Blackish” and “Scandal” mean for the characters who wear them.
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
- Their crimson capes and gowns are a sign of the opressed
- They find ways to show their personalities through accessories or wearability
- Power is demonstrated through the use of colorful and well-fitting items
- Intrigue is indicated through signature pieces and the overall look of the show
American Housewife (ABC)
- This show features practical, no-nonsense and attainable looks for women
- Outfits are forward thinking, colorful and fun
- This show features real and authentic looks for a family
For more about Roshini, click here.