Rachael Loney, creator of the blog “La Vida Loney,” encourages women to embrace gratitude, simplicity, beauty, health and humor in order to live a life that is fully alive. She shares some of her favorite products that she’s just loving.
Olive & June Mani System
– Brand is carried at Target, but recommend going online to see a full array of color options, additional products/tools and the kits available for purchase.
– Nail polishes are Non Toxic and excellent quality
– Kits and tools make doing your nails a breeze, you can get the look of a salon manicure at home. Each kit comes with full instructions which takes the guesswork out of the entire process.
– Favorite Unique Items: “The Poppy”, Cuticle Serum, Nail Strengthener and Dry Drops
– Website is fantastic- tons of tutorials, inspiration. Can search colors by season (“Summer 2022”) or by level (“Beginner”, “Intermediate”, “Advanced”) to see the color choices they recommend for each category.
– Originally started in Laguna Beach, CA – Gorjana provides quality, on trend gold jewelry that you can live in everyday.
– Multiple stores opening across the US, but for the time being Minnesotans will need to find them online at Gorjana.com
– Masters at staying up to date with the latest trends, but also putting a modern twist on traditional pieces.
– Have everything from the bold, chunky pieces to very delicate/dainty items.
– Do a lot with personalization: engravable items, birthstones, initials, astrological signs, charms to really make jewelry feel connected to you. Great idea for gifts as well.
– Website and Instagram are a great way to get styling tips and ideas.
Dock & Bay Hair Wrap
– Lightweight hair wrap that helps decrease blow dry time and eliminate frizz
– Perfect alternative to a bulky bath towel.
– Made from recycled materials
– Can also be worn at the beach – prevent hair from getting wet, help dry it after swimming and protect color treated hair from fading in sun.
– Comes in a variety of fun colors and prints.
Moroccan Oil Blonde Perfecting Shampoo
– Recommended by my hairstylist Sara Reinke, Sara Marie Salon in Chanhassen
– Don’t be fooled by name, this can be used on all hair colors.
– Brightens blonde hair, removes warm/brassy tones from brunette hair and removes any yellow from gray/white hair.
– Will not turn hair blue, just neutralizes any brassy/warm tones.
– Consider it a little at home color corrector. Great for in between color treatments
– To use: Shampoo with regular shampoo, then apply Blonde Perfecting Shampoo, let sit a few minutes before rinsing and follow up with regular conditioner.