Sammi Bjelland is a former news anchor turned full-time mom and blogger. Her site sammi-samples-life focuses on affordable beauty and fashion. She joined us live on skype to talk about makeup products she loves for mature skin.
Follow Sammi on Instagram here.
– Use something with hyaluronic acid — This helps keep moisture locked into your skin
– Wet your face and make sure it is damp when applying the moisturizer so there is some water to lock into the skin
– Something with SPF 30 or higher in your moisturizer or foundation
– Popular, affordable brands are: Cetaphil and Cerave
- Foundation Application
– Do not use a matte foundation
– Heavy foundations emphasize fine lines
– Use a shade darker than your natural tone. Foundations that are too light make mature skin look more dry
– elf CC Camo Foundation is great to build coverage without looking cakey
– leave the under eye area clear for concealer
Products: elf Camo CC Foundation
– The more concealer, the more attention to your wrinkles
– Keep it light and build up as needed
– Dab gently. Don’t tug at your eyes!
– Only use small amount of translucent powder if you need to set it
- Cream Blush
– Cream products don’t bring attention to fine lines as much!
– Use fingers or damp beauty blender to blend into skin
– Start and mid cheek and move up to corners of eyes
Products: Milani Cheek Kiss
- Fill Brows
– Hair thins with age and that includes eyebrows
– elf Brow Wow is super easy to use and fills brows nicely
– Benefit has a pricier option but is very popular if you feel more confident drawing in your brows
- Line Lips
– Lips often thin with age, too!
– Use a color close to your lips’ natural tone and over line your lips a little
– Fill with cream lipstick, not too matte