If you’ve recently moved out the sweaters, and brought in the shorts and tank tops to your closet, you may have stared blankly at your clothes and thought it’s time for a few new things. Fashion blogger Amy Seeman says we all need to be intentional about what we buy each season. Do that now by investing in a few key summer pieces. Amy stopped by to give her pro style tips and started with the tank dress.
Model 1: Alicia – outfit from Evereve (available in stores now)
Investment Pieces: A tank dress and block heel
- A tank dress should is a staple and could be your summer uniform. It’s easy to throw on and go with sneakers or flip flops during the day, and you can style it by switching up the accessories. For chillier nights you can layer it with a jacket, a duster cardigan, or a chambray button up.
- A block heel is perfect when you want something a step above a sandal without feeling over the top in a high heel. They are super comfortable, and will keep you from sinking in the grass at a grad party or an outdoor wedding.
Model 2: Molly
- Molly is 5’0 so she has a hard time finding pants that fit her. Amy found these high waisted pants at ASOS.
- Amy’s Pro Style Tip: Don’t be afraid of the bolder prints/colors especially if you are someone who has a lot of neutral pieces to begin with – this can be your pop of color for the summer.
- A statement blouse is another summer staple that can elevate your day look by throwing it on with a pair of cut-offs and sandals. It can also be dressed up for date night with distressed jeans and heels.
Model 3: Ruth
Check out Amy’s Blog, To Wit, To Woo, for more fashion tips!